Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My search is over...............

I recently thought about a recipe I used to use and after searching off and on for months I finally found the one I want. It's a slightly florescent french dressing recipe, made with tomato soup and MCP pectin. I found I still like the taste of it, more like some that were around when I was a kid, back in the dark ages.

While finding this recipe I found several others using pectin that I will be experiementing with soon. The plus with some of them is supposedly you can use less oil. The french dressing one, however does have a good amount. Since it makes about a quart, it still is lower fat than many you buy. I'll be testing in the future to come up with a lower fat version.

I am a single senior, my kids all grown and on their own. I am also fairly frugal and like to try to find ways to save money while eating better. I had this today with a spinach salad, yum.

MCP FRENCH DRESSING
INGREDIENTS
2 tsp salt
1 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp paprika
1/4 C sugar
1 package MCP Pectin
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1 1/2 cups salad oil
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp minced onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1 can tomato Soup
DIRECTIONS:
Combine all dry ingredients
Add to soup and vinegar (I did this in my blender)
Add onion, garlic and Worcestershire sauce
Mix well.
Add oil one-half cup at a time and beat well after each addition

Keep in refrigerator (this made about a quart)

1 comment:

  1. I guess memories are not all that accurate, or I have outgrown my love of fluorescent food as it was not that great.

    ReplyDelete